L’artisane Creative Bakery
7423 Collins Av. Miami Beach. Fl. 33144
When you’ve been vegan for 6 years and you’ve been fortunate enough to eat at some of the best vegan spots in the country, you start to find it more difficult to find a new place that really WOWs you.
That was not the case when I had the L’Artisane Creative Bakery experience this past week. I say experience because it truly was more than just stopping by a bakery and picking up a croissant.
This charming little bakery just opened up this month in North Miami Beach. I’ve been seeing it all over Instagram and knew that I absolutely HAD to go. I had my mind set on it for weeks, so my husband and I made the hour trip and there were no regrets.
Let me tell you everything I loved about it aside from the amazing food.
- The environment was ADORABLE. I truly felt like I stepped out of South Florida after walking through the door. It was small but intimate. I can see why there may be seating issues during busier times, but we lucked out and happened to be 2 of 3 people occupying the bakery. If you get a chance to make it in, I suggest trying to plan around this. Being able to sit there and take in the atmosphere really added on to the experience.
- We had the pleasure of being welcomed in by Nena, which brings me to my next point: The customer service was phenomenal. We were greeted immediately and given the utmost attention and care. During our stay, multiple customers dropped in and she managed to cater to them while still making sure we were in good hands.
- The location is perfect. Park on the street, take in all that this wonderful little bakery has to offer, then walk around the corner to the beach while avoiding the touristy vibes of South Beach.
- Their pricing is actually not bad!
- They are 100% Vegan and use local/in-season ingredients!
- If you dine in, they serve your food and pastries with beautiful plates and utensils that ARE NOT PLASTIC!!! This is huge for me. I find so many other places use single-use serving options when you dine in that are destroying our planet and this place is not one of them. I’m all for it.
Now, let’s get onto the food.
Manuel and I started off by ordering the raspberry, chocolate, and almond croissants, a guava and cream cheese danish, a mushroom and leek quiche, and a crab-less sandwich. Everything was delicious. EVERYTHING. Manuel and I were blown away by how they have mastered a flaky, vegan croissant.
I mean, would ya look at that? Just look at it.
I’m a huge pastry fan. But let’s be honest, it’s hard to come by vegan bakery options other than cupcakes. I love me some cupcakes, too… but I do find myself craving something else and this definitely hit the spot.
Ah, the Crab-less Sandwich: my favorite part of the entire experience.
I was pleased to see that they also had breakfast and lunch items on their menu. The first thing that caught my attention was that they serve the Impossible Burger. I’ve yet to have tried this, so I was a little intrigued. But then I saw this baby on the menu and something was calling me to it. As soon as I said I’d take the crab-less sandwich, I was reassured I made the best choice by Nena’s approval.
I am not over exaggerating when I say that this was the best sandwich (possibly the best dish) I’ve ever tasted. I usually struggle with mindful eating, but I couldn’t imagine consuming this masterpiece any other way. There were so many flavors that all came together so perfectly. The chef really has her stuff figured out. It took me a full 30 minutes to finish this dish because I genuinely did not want it to end.
Manuel and I ended up sitting in this bakery for over an hour just taking in all of the flavors and fully appreciating our time there. On the way out, we also ordered a couple of their Bonbons; the passionfruit and the salted caramel (I believe) to be more specific. Every time we ordered a new item, they just kept exceeding our expectations.
If you live or ever visit the area, this place is a MUST GO. I’m already planning out my next visit.
Give them a try vegan or not, your palates will not be disappointed.
Have any other quality vegan spots you think I should hit up in South Florida? Let me know in the comments below!